The best gaming mouse establishes the simplest connection between the PC and the game world. It is the point of focus for your eyes and the location of your itchy trigger finger. And if you’re serious about competing at the highest level, you’ll want to invest in the most responsive and accurate gaming mouse available.
However, numerous alternatives exist. Do you enjoy MMOs that feature a plethora of hotkeys and necessitate the addition of a slew of additional buttons? Are you irritated by wires? Are you looking for a competitive mouse that is ultralight? Whatever your requirements are, there is almost certainly a gaming mouse that meets them.
Benefits of having a Good Gaming Mouse
A good gaming mouse can offer a variety of benefits for gamers. Here are some of the most notable benefits:
- Precision: A good gaming mouse typically has a high DPI (dots per inch) rating, which means it can detect small movements with greater accuracy. This can be especially useful in fast-paced games where quick and precise movements are key.
- Customization: Many gaming mice have customizable buttons and settings, allowing you to program the mouse to suit your preferences and gaming style. This can include adjusting the DPI, programming buttons to perform specific actions, and adjusting the lighting.
- Comfort: A good gaming mouse is typically ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand, reducing strain and discomfort during long gaming sessions.
- Durability: Gaming mice are often made with high-quality materials that are built to withstand heavy use, ensuring that your mouse will continue to perform well even after many hours of use.
- Response time: Good gaming mouse have a low response time which means that the time between the movement of the mouse and the cursor on the screen is low. This can help you make quick and accurate movements, even in fast-paced games.
- Compatibility: Many gaming mice are compatible with a wide range of devices, including computers, laptops, and gaming consoles, which can help ensure that you can use your mouse with the devices you own.
- RGB lighting: Many gaming mice come with customizable RGB lighting, which can provide a cool and unique look to your gaming setup.
- On-board memory: Some gaming mice have on-board memory that allows you to save your settings, so you can take your mouse with you and use it on other computers without having to reconfigure it.
- Software support: Good gaming mouse have good software support, which allows you to customize the mouse to your liking, track your performance and even create macros.
Many consider this gaming mouse is the best option.
REASONS TO BUY
- Some of the industry’s best sensors.
- Perfect shape for palm or claw grips.
- Supplied in a variety of hand sizes.
- Flimsy buttons.
The Razer DeathAdder’s shape is ideal for a variety of grips and palm sizes, and I’ve spent hundreds of hours with it playing games, using Photoshop, and browsing the web. Despite numerous iterations, Razer has never altered DeathAdder’s shape. You have no reason to.
A 20,000 DPI Razer Focus optical sensor is a feature of the DeathAdder V2, and while high numbers don’t usually imply superior performance, in this instance they do. Even when the mouse is moved at the quickest conceivable rate, Razer’s cutting-edge technology provides faultless tracking.
The DeathAdder V2 is an outstanding mouse that is suitable for the majority of games and gamers. It has a simple design with two well-placed buttons. Additionally, it includes an excellent optical mouse sensor that works with both hard and cloth mousepads, as well as an ergonomic body shape for a claw or hybrid claw/palm grip.
And if you’re not a fan of the tail, the DeathAdder V2 Pro transforms the same shape and sensor into an excellent wireless gaming mouse.
Best value for a money gaming mouse
REASONS TO BUY
- Perfect for those who prefer smaller gaming mouse.
- RGB lighting in three zones
- The granularity of the DPI is reduced.
There are several affordable gaming mouse on the market right now, but few exude the same degree of assurance as the Logitech G203 Lightsync. It excels on all fronts, providing steady and reliable performance in a fashionable packaging, and is without a doubt the greatest budget gaming mouse available right now. If you’re interested, the Logitech sensor has an 8,000 DPI rating and the entire device has responsive switches for easy use.
It’s not a drastic change, but it looks great and, in theory, comes at no additional cost. If you come across a good deal on the G203 Prodigy, we urge you to act quickly while supplies last.
The best MMO mouse.
REASONS TO BUY
- Adjustable thumb grip with a three-button array.
- Charging dock for Razer mice compatible with Chroma.
- Chunky and heavy.
The design and functionality of Razer’s Naga mouse have evolved significantly over the years, but it has long been the best value for money MMO mouse.
The MOBA array is the best; it features six buttons laid out in two rows, which allows for the mapping of multiple abilities without becoming an overwhelming blob of identical buttons.
The new Naga features an increased battery life and compatibility with the Razer Mouse Dock (not included, sadly). The Razer Naga Pro is a slightly smaller gaming mouse for larger hands than some other gaming mice, with a more squat shape. It’s comfortable in a relaxed grip that works well for MMOs but also for MOBAs, shooters, and other active games.
Additionally, while the Naga is a completely right-handed rodent, Razer has developed a southpaw variant that appears in our guide to the best left-handed mice. Though the leftie version features a single row of side buttons.
SteelSeries Prime Wireless
REASONS TO BUY
- Exceptional tactile sensitivity.
- Wireless that is impenetrable.
- Excellent battery life and lightning-fast charging.
- Aesthetics that are devoid of life.
- At the bottom, there is a CPI switch.
- Charging cable that is not standard for USB Type-C devices.
The Prime Wireless is a no-frills, high-performance machine designed to seamlessly integrate with your palm and transform you into the FPS god you’ve always desired. The $139 mouse is part of Steelseries’ Prime line of esports peripherals and falls between the cheaper wired Prime and the more expensive Prime+ with an OLED display.
The Prime Wireless immediately felt as if it had been designed specifically for my hand. SteelSeries claims to have collaborated with a number of esports professionals to create the ideal shape and weight that feels like an extension of your arm. The entire mouse appears to slope gently to the right, cradling in your palm for a secure grip.
As a wireless mouse, it comes equipped with a built-in rechargeable battery that lasts 100 hours on a single charge, which equates to more than a week of average use. I should emphasize, however, that those figures are possible only when the mouse is in High-efficiency mode, which dims some settings such as the RGB to conserve power.
I wasn’t expecting to enjoy the Steelseries Prime Wireless, but it’s just so damn comfortable to use for both work and gaming. There is no input lag, and wireless devices are becoming increasingly indistinguishable from their wired counterparts. The battery life is exceptional, and the quick charge feature is essential for any wireless peripheral. At $139, the Prime Wireless is a bit pricey, but it is a high-quality mouse that will last a long time.
Basilisk V3 by Razer
RGB gaming mouse at its finest.
REASONS TO BUY
- Ergonomic design.
- Premium sensor.
- Four-way Hyper-Scroll wheel.
- New RGB lighting.
- Smart-Reel is an overly aggressive character.
- Razer Software is bloated to the point of being unusable.
Basilisk was launched in 2018 and quickly established itself as one of the best gaming mice. We adored Basilisk V2 and all of its improvements. Moving on to this third-generation mouse, the improvements are less noticeable.
The Basilisk V3 is almost identical to the Basilisk V2, which is a good thing. Basilisk V3 is a $70 right-handed keyboard that retains the V2’s flared and textured thumb rest, iconic thumb paddle, and split mouse button design.
The Basilisk V3 is an excellent evolution of an already excellent mouse, enhancing some aspects while diminishing others. These are also welcome additions, and I’m still amazed at how well the added Chroma lighting looks. While the HyperScroll Tilt Wheel is enjoyable, it is ultimately more useful for productivity work than gaming. Nonetheless, I adore this new Basilisk and am eagerly awaiting a wireless Basilisk V3 Ultimate. That is one colossal mouse.